The Ancestry DNA Activation lets you know where your ancestors came from and reveals their ethnic origins. The AncestryDNA test lets you know more about your past relations. We have mentioned below how you can take the AncestryDNA test by activating your AncestryDNA kit. Below is the full procedure. Let's dive into more details: ancestrydna.com/activate.
Points to remember before activating AncestryDNA Kit
● When one activates the AncestryDNA kit, it means that they are going to connect their kit to their Ancestry account. If you do not have an Ancestry account, you should create one. Creating an Ancestry account is completely free ancestry.com/activate.
● It is essential to keep your activation code safe until you receive the test results. If you want to activate a kit for your minor child, you will have to do it for him/her.
● Every adult who takes the test must activate it on their Ancestry account. Only one DNA kit can be activated for one account except the tests for a minor child.
● Before you create an Ancestry account, you will need a valid email address. Make sure that you use the email address not linked with any previous Ancestry account. If this happens, you need to use a new email address.
Detailed Procedure to Activate AncestryDNA Kit
If you are interested in taking the Ancestry DNA test, you can follow the detailed procedure mentioned below to activate the AncestryDNA kit. Follow the step-by-step process:
1. Visit the ancestry DNA sign-in page ancestry.com/activate.
2. If you are logged in to your account, you need to click Yes. If you are not logged in, you have to click No.
3. After signing in to your account, one can activate their DNA kit easily.
4. On the "Activate your DNA kit" page, you need to click the Next.
5. After that, enter the activation code and click Next.
6. The activation code comes printed on your tube or instruction packet.
7. Make sure you do not enter hyphens while typing the activation code. If you want to activate a kit for yourself, enter your name and then click Next.
8. For activating a kit for your child, you will have to click the My Child option.
9. If you are doing it for someone else, you need to click the "Activate for someone else" option.
10. Enter the birth year and gender. Then click Next.
11. Go through the DNA processing Consent carefully. Choose the Review and Consent and click Next.
12. If you want to stop going further, select the "Decline to give consent" option.
13. To store your sample with Ancestry, click the I Give Consent option and then click Next. Click Yes to see your DNA matches and get listed as a match.
14. Click the Next.
15. DNA matches are those people who are somehow related to you. If you want to avoid being visible to your biological family, click No.
16. To be easily found by my biological family, click Yes. One can change the preference whenever they want.
Note: To know more about it, you can visit www.ancestrydna.com/dna.
What to Do If You Want DNA Matches to Find You
If one wants to be visible to their DNA matches, they can follow the steps:
- Click your username and then click Next.
- If you want to avoid being listed as a DNA match, the option won't appear to you.
- You can allow others to see your geography, ethnicity, and cultural origins; you can enable this.
- When you do so, your DNA matches will be able to see the religions and communities you belonged to.
- If you want not to be seen by others, select the option at the bottom and click Yes.
How to Get the Latest Kit Notifications
If you want to stay updated about Kit notifications, you need to go to the Kit Notifications and click Yes to receive the updates on the status of the kit. After clicking Yes, enter your phone number in the empty field and click Next. You will now receive daily or weekly updates.